What can I say? It's been the most amazing week with the most amazing group of people ever. I can't that you all enough for such a fantastic experience. The morning shoot at Gilbert's under Danny's astute guidance was simply spectacular. It was a very well choreographed shoot full on camera lighting changes and difficult cues and it came off well even with the limited time we had to shoot - Danny, you should be proud.
The afternoon found us at the Winery where Alex and Al lit the heck out of the location, finessing the available light as a location DP should. You should both be very proud of what you accomplished as it wasn't easy, with mixed lighting from windows, HMI's, fluorescents and tungsten sources. Vitorio Storraro would have been proud.
Thank you for such a fabulous week and I very much look forward to all your work in the future - you all rock.
Good night and good luck - oh, and I'll see you tomorrow at nine.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi all,
What a brilliant week (no pun intended). We had such a great time learning nonstop with a hardworking yet fun class, wonderful course managers and one of the best professors we have ever had the privilege of knowing. Thank you all!!!!!
Phaedon & Tanya
We'd like to post a few links to our video work:
a note from Phaedon--
Tanya and I shot these two green screen projects in our apartment using:
key: Arri 650 with soft box, camera right
fill: Arri 300 with ND (I think), camera left
kicker: Arri 300 with magenta gel, camera left
background: 2 Lowel Tota-lights
camera: Canon XH-A1 (HDV prosumer) at 24f
I haven't tried yet to key out the green but we'll know results in July when Adobe releases After Effects CS3.
http://www.amansaki.org/tmp/mav1.html
http://www.amansaki.org/tmp/lefteris1.html
a note from Tanya:
Hi again!
I've got two clips to share. At the home directory below, choose a movie and get started with the fun:
www.phaedonsinis.com/tanya/movies
"Don't Litter"
A visual essay about what it takes to keep New York City streets clean.
Lighting: Available autumn light from 7 am to 11 am on one day in Brooklyn, NY
"Jackson Heights" is from the first documentary I ever created. The piece labeled "Don't Litter" is a visual essay pulling material from a larger project.
"Jackson Heights" is a character portrait and a New York City neighborhood history. The opening music was captured on location in a NY subway station by musicians from Peru, credited in the end.
Lighting: I used available light in all footage you will see; for the garden interview where you meet the main character, a bounce card was placed to create face fill and we shot on a cloudy day with diffuse light.
Format: A Sony 3-chip DV cam
Good night from New Hampshire, where we will dream happily of our fantastic week!
So sad to be away from you all. I hope we can all keep in touch and see each other soon! I am already trying to plan another class at the workshops, I just can't stay away! I would be skeptical of having an instructor other than Daniel, but I maxed out his classes so I guesss I will have to try someone new! Hope everyone had safe trips home!
I haven't looked at Tanya and Phaedon's work yet but I am looking forward to watching it tonight!
I had a blast with everyone and miss you guys and Maine SO MUCH!!
Post a Comment